Tuesday, 24 June 2014

All done!

Ta - dahhhh ~~~The last 12 beanies for my Mandela 67 are finished!










I am writing up a pattern for this last little hat;  there probably exists such a pattern, this will be my version.  It takes care of worrying about the pesky 'travelling join lines', by working into the spaces and not the stitches!  




And then I whizzed up a pair of wristers to compliment my Road Trip Scarf, and used the braid idea from the scarf pattern to finish off the tops!  I am thinking that I may add a flower or two - what do you think??



Olga from Lacy Crochet posted a very pretty vintage pattern of a doily this week, that I thought I would give a try.  This ball of lovely variegated cotton yarn has been in my basket for some time, it looked like it might make up a rather colourful centrepiece ...   Now that I am this far, I am not too sure of the busy-ness of the colours for this dainty pattern.  But I think I will finish it anyway.  


And to all our Southern Hemisphere bloggy friends ~
Layla says wrap up warmly or better still ~
stay under a warm blanket if possible! ~
at least until the springtime!



Until next time
Cheers from Pat and Layla xxx


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Our precious little doggie! xxx

      Delete
  2. So glad you are going to do a pattern for the little hats - I will be first in line to try it! I like the doily in the variegated, but then I am crushing on variegated at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Pat! What a mammoth task that was... Love the sense of achievement when you complete a challenge. Always makes it worth while. By the way Layla is sooo cute! I have two King Charles Cavaliers and love them like children. Needless to say they are spoilt rotten. Von x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Von, yes indeed, it was a project that I worked on for about a year; now that the project is finished I feel great! A fellow SA bloggie friend has said she will join me next year for another round of hats ..... love that! Pat xxx

      Delete
  4. Very nice. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astri, lovely to hear from you xxx Pat

      Delete
  5. Well done on the hats, I definitely will be interested in the beanie pattern when you publish it.
    I love the idea of doing the braiding on the hand warmers, I did a pair to match my road scarf too, might copy your idea. Love Layla. she is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zana ... be sure to show us a pic of your completed hand warmers! Pat xxx

      Delete
  6. was wondering when and how i could get the beanie hat pattern..so cute and so easy looking...thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous .... I will be posting a pattern for the little beanie this week ... so just be sure to log in towards Friday! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~