Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Twelve to go!

Quick update on my Mandela 67 Beanies for A Good Cause; 55 done with 12 to go!
Here are some pics of the latest 9 .... 


 A trio in soft pastel shades of pink and yellow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and then these darling little hats in 'Camo' colours of blue/green and khaki/tan! 







In between the hats, I made up this fab scarf ~ the pattern is called the Road Trip Scarf;  you will find it on my bloggie friend Zooty Owl's blog, lovely scarves are popping up all over the Fb crochet pages .... quick and easy to make, it took just a tad over 2 x 50 grms of DK wool (but may I add I do crochet looser rather than tighter!) The pattern recommends 2 balls of 50 grms and that is about right.  With the extra yarn I am making a pair of cut-off mitts to compliment the scarf. Watch this space, I will add an edit when they are done!
   Embellish with flowers, beads, braids, it's a fun little project to tuck in between your bigger WIP's.





The edging is particularly interesting with braiding worked into the final row.


The garden is pretty drab right now, we are in the middle of our driest and coldest days so nothing much of interest is to see ..... I do envy my English blog pals who are showing pics of the most glorious countryside walks!

Here is a little Striped Kingfisher I spotted whilst out walking the dogs


And this handsome Egyptian Goose was eyeing me out, perched on a high roof top outside
my kitchen door this morning!



Thanks for popping by dear friends,
till next time
Hugs Pat xx

13 comments:

  1. Mommy, your blog is so fabulous and inspiring! I promise I will become more "into" crocheting when I have finished studying............can't believe I'm a student again at the age of 42! Love you with all my heart xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy, we are choosing wool this morning ... Stellie and I are going to make Road Trip Scarves, my second one, her very first ReAL crochet lesson; I will be teaching her as we go along! Special times! xxx

      Delete
  2. The colours of the road scarf are splendid! Love them!!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Anne, and thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. Love your bird photographs! And your daughter's sweet comment brought a lump to the throat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny! Thank you for visiting the Sunshine blog!

      Delete
  4. Love the colours in your road trip scarf, fantastic pattern Ive made one too in blues and rust. Love the bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just the most fab pattern, Zelna is soooo clever! I am about to start making another one today!

      Delete
  5. You're almost there! Next year I'll join in, starting the beginning of the year.
    Beautiful kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stel, that would be fab-u-lous!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Pat, the baby hats are absolutely adorable. Wow, you've made 55 already! Love the scarf too. Its name fits it perfectly, that scarf would be a perfect accessory when traveling. It can keep one warm and stylish at the same time.
    Thanks for sharing the photos of the birds.I love birds. I always get excited when they visit my backyard or when I hear them singing on my roof. My husband and I used to go birds watching, but not anymore. Perhaps when our boys are older, we can go all together once again.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olga, yes .. I have thoroughly enjoyed my journey through the year making these little beanies, a nice diversion when big projects become a tad too much, one can fit a couple of beanies in one night. We live near a river and the bird life is wonderful, except they are all hiding away because it is so cold at the moment!

      Delete
  7. Hi Pat, just to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Pop over to The Homemade Heart and read my last two posts to find out what you do! Penny X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~