Tuesday 1 December 2015

'Frozen' Christmas baubles

A large order has been on my crochet hook for the last several weeks ..... of such beauty I must tell you, I am knocked sideways at how the items turned out ... but ... the big reveal will take place after Christmas.  You see the items are all Christmas presents, so I cannot show you yet!

The last two days have been back to making Christmas gifts and baubles.   These I finished today, so pretty in their soft turquoise colour.











Patterns are based loosely on baubles I found here and here.  I embellished the top bauble with little white pearl beads that I sewed on once the bauble was complete.  For the second bauble I crocheted two tiny snowflakes and sewed them on.  I followed the first few rows of Annaboos House Star Ball (the first pattern link) because I liked the star shape to start off the bauble and then just winged it into a sort of lattice pattern to show off the silver bauble inside.  These are both super patterns I must add.   I made different lengths of chain st for the loops.

Details FYI ... the yarn is Stylecraft Special DK in Sherbet.  I used a size 3.50mm hook for a good close texture.  The baubles are of the plastic variety in silver, and I twisted the tops off (they were dodgy anyway) so that I could attach the loops to the actual crochet body of the bauble.

A delicate and pretty addition to my bauble collection!

As I type, the clouds have gathered and I can hear distant thunder.  We are having one of the hottest early summers that I can remember with daily temperatures mostly up in the 30's C and very little rain .... so a prayer for a nice shower later would be so appreciated. 

Thanks for reading, until next time,
Hugs Pat xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. So pretty Pat! I cannot wait to see what you made. It has started to drizzle here and I am hoping it rains all night! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I like the way that the ball shows through underneath to make it seem extra icy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy .. the little great nieces were delighted with their baubles .. both of them are 'Frozen' girls!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~