Sunday 22 October 2017

Of this and that!




Good morning!
I am so glad to be with you today;  it's a most glorious morning here in sunny Randburg.  We had wonderful storms and heavy rain during the night, and our gardens are smiling.

I have been busy with a few  projects in the last few months. I have discovered the wondrous world of sock knitting!  I enjoy sitting down with a pair (or four) of needles now and again.  There's an easy rhythm to rows plain and purl, while sitting in the evening watching telly. Just by the way, isn't Line of Duty such a very good series? And Shetland, and of course Victoria. 


And in no particular or order, as they say, here are a few pics of the projects I have been busying myself with recently.


My sweet little owl, my contribution to Yarndale's Creative Hearts
 this year.
I used this pattern for the heart, 
and the owl was my own creation.  I could have sat and made
many more, such fun!


And I was so very relieved to see my little heart
amongst some other really cute hearts in 
a picture on Lucy's Attic 24 blog.  The postage is dodgy from 
South Africa, and I sent my parcel off with a prayer for it's
safe delivery! 


A very warm and cosy Magic Blanket
Pattern on Zooty Owl's amazing blog


I can see you!!!


A pretty Mandala, pattern by John Kelly and available, 
on Dedri's blog Look What I Made


My very first pair of knitted socks!
Pattern from the wonderful blog
and bible of sock making
This is her basic sock pattern


And my newest yarn, lovely hand dyed 
sock yarn, reminds me of whipped strawberries!
Can't wait to make a second pair.


 My biggest challenge to date,
the Ross Paldark blanket!  I have learnt so much
working with this pattern, new stitches and ways with colour.
Nearly completed, it is an order for a dear friend's hubby.
A blog post on this blanket when done and delivered.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, and week ahead.
Love Pat xxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects Pat! I am crazy about the Owl Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy you just so clever!! The rain was certainly welcome last night, leaving everything wonderfully watered & the air fresh & clean...much needed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~