Monday 30 June 2014

I like to call them Contemporary Doilies!!

This weekend was just lovely ... mild and sunny on Saturday, a nice downpour of rain on Sunday, and in between just chilling with my dear David and my crochet work on our new little deck!  Just before the storm, I checked our lemon tree, in case gusts of wind did any damage ... wowwee ... I have beautiful lemons this season ... I see Lemon Curd and Lemon Meringue Pie happening in my kitchen in the little while!



My crochet endeavours took the form of two beautiful contemporary doilies, as I like to refer to them ...  These are not really Mandalas, but also not Doilies in the old fashioned sense!  Although having said that, I have been trolling around Pinterest looking at the gorgeous Vintage patterns available .. I could get quite taken with making one or two! 

This is the first one; it is an adaption of a Vintage Flower Potholder.  The yarn is 100% Cotton in yellow and a variegated blend of colours.




Bright and colourful

The second is a Vintage doily pattern from Lacy Crochet, one of my favourite blogs for all things delicate and lovely!


I love this pattern, and I love the green yarn too, it is a 100% Bamboo 4 ply. The yarn has a gorgeous sheen and slight marbelled effect.

I wish you a wonderful week dear friends, full of creativity, contentment, many cups of your favourite bev, and a slice or two of chocolate cake, if that takes your fancy!!


Till next time
xxx Pat xxx

22 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I saw a lovely idea for you over here. The young girls are wearing pretty lacey crocheted daisy chains around their ankles - sort of a sweet surfer girl look. I think they would be a big hit in SA! Much love from us x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I particularly like the green one, so fresh and delicate. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, I love your contemporary doilies...especially the green one :-) Enjoy using your delicious lemons. Have a great week,
    Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work I love the potholder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Pat, did you mean to interpret the colours of your lemon tree in your doily-mandalas ? Because you definitely achieved that, they are fab! Still can't get over you having actual lemons growing in your garden :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that now Jill :) Haha no I did not intend it at all xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow! The tree really did mean to deliver abundantly this season! I love the doilies - especially the yellow and variegated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better about the yellow one already!

      Delete
  7. Oh I do love your vintage pot holder and its colour, impressive. I too have been trawling Pinterest and admiring the doilies. My lemons look a bit like your, yellow with a hint of green, a week or two and they will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zana! We picked a huge basket of lemons yesterday xxx

      Delete
  8. Wow, so cheery and bright!! Fantastic ♥. Thanks for the pattern links & have a wonderful day!
    Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have a wonderful day too, thank you Nata xxx

      Delete
  9. I love Lemon Meringue Pie! The green doily is my favourite, gorgeous colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crochet is something I really want to get to grips with, there are great Pat, and that colour green is greenlishus....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pat apologies for taking so long to get to your beautiful blog. I absolutely love all your pretty doilies and I honestly believe we can never have too many of them. I like the combination with the variegated yarn, it really does look very special. Sending you much love to beautiful Randburg xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings from a balmy warm day here in Randburg, and thank you for your lovely comments! Pat x

      Delete
  12. ps forgot to add thank you so much for joining in to my monthly mandating, I am looking forward to getting to know your blog a little better. Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~